Public Relations Manager
WHY DO WE EXIST?
Doctors need to constantly learn and keep themselves updated about the latest practices in their field. Case-based learning (clinical cases) is considered to be the best way to go about doing that. The traditional methods for case discussions are medical conferences and medical journals, but the cost and time doctors need to spend on these, often make it difficult. Also, on average, a medical doctor takes 30 key decisions per day which range from what drug to prescribe, when to do a surgery, what device to use, to when to discharge a patient.
WHO ARE WE?
DailyRounds is a healthcare startup focused on organizing “Knowledge of practice of Medicine” and building a community of Doctors (and healthcare professionals). We hold the largest IP (intellectual property) in clinical medicine in India. We hope to put this IP, network, and our best efforts to help Doctors improve how they diagnose and treat. We are a diverse team of 300 people based in Bangalore.
We are product-driven. We believe businesses should scale and be profitable. We stay away from fads and focus on what makes business sense, what can scale, and what can make a positive impact (in that order).
In April 2019 M3 India, the Indian subsidiary of Japanese Healthtech company M3 (one of the largest healthcare networks globally, listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange), picked up a majority stake in DailyRounds to foray into case-based problem-solving, community platform and medical test preparation business in India.”
WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING HERE
- Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget, and tactics.
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast, and online media.
- Coordinate all public relations activities.
- Direct social media team to engage audiences across traditional and new media.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
- Create content for press releases, byline articles, and keynote presentations.
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis.
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships, and advertising on an ongoing basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategies surrounding them.
THE BEST FIT CANDIDATE WOULD HAVE
- Proven working experience of 6-8 years in public relations.
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level.
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets.
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Event planning experience.
- Professional degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or journalism.