Head of Marketing
WHY DO WE EXIST?
Doctors need to constantly learn and keep themselves updated about the latest practices in their field. Case-based learning (clinical cases) is considered to be the best way to go about doing that. The traditional methods for case discussions are medical conferences and medical journals, but the cost and time doctors need to spend on these, often make it difficult. Also, on average, a medical doctor takes 30 key decisions per day which range from what drug to prescribe, when to do a surgery, what device to use, to when to discharge a patient.
WHO ARE WE?
Founded in 2015 by a team of Doctors & Technologists( Dr. Deepu Sebin, Priyaank Choubey, and Nimmi Cherian), we help over 1,300,000+ doctors across the world collaborate and learn using our products - Dailyrounds.org (India’s largest doctor network - think Stack Overflow for doctors) and Marrow.com (India’s most popular online resource for Medical-PG preparation with more than 5 lakh users). We train more doctors than all the med schools in India combined, impacting healthcare directly.
The organization had raised multiple rounds of funding from investors such as Accel Partners, Kae Capital, Powerhouse Ventures and Beenext. It was also a part of the Microsoft Ventures Summer 2015 batch.
In April 2019 M3 India, the Indian subsidiary of Japanese Healthtech company M3 (one of the largest healthcare networks globally, listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange), picked up a majority stake in DailyRounds to foray into case-based problem-solving, community platform and medical test preparation business in India.
We are a diverse team of about 200 (Engineers, Doctors, and Business Professionals) who are passionate about solving a key problem for medical aspirants and practitioners.
WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING HERE
- Experienced in developing and executing insights-driven marketing plans that move hearts and minds.
- Own user acquisition, engagement & growth through customer lifecycle management for Field/ Inside Sales.
- Build and drive product & content-led initiatives that spiral growth.
- Develop a rich understanding of our users, by diving deep into data in partnership with our analytics team, and by conducting custom research to understand the “why” behind our users’ actions.
- Segmenting customers to focus on our most valuable users and to up-level others.
- Experimenting boldly with marketing, to build loyalty, increase engagement, and limit churn.
THE BEST FIT CANDIDATE WOULD HAVE
- 6-8+ years of experience in consumer marketing, with end to end customer lifecycle management & brand management experience for a Video / Music / Gaming OTT, consumer technology, interactive, or digital entertainment company.
- MBA / Master’s degree in business, marketing, or any other related field.
- Nuanced content marketing understanding and strategic consumer marketing experience, developing cross-functional partnerships and running multi-channel campaigns and programs for a high-profile brand, within the consumer tech/media/internet industries.
- History of leadership. We'd like to see evidence of serving as a key decision-maker in a senior marketing role. Someone who felt challenged and energized by the deep transformations the media industry went through in the last decade towards digitization and digital content.
- Entrepreneurial. Experience of having worked in a hyper-growth, fast-paced, often ambiguous environment as a Founder or Builder.
- Achieve more with less - the ability to drive growth hacks through both paid & organic media.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and moving quickly in unstructured situations.
- High Bias For Action - We work at a very rapid pace.
- Ability to influence audiences at all levels and work effectively across functions. Ability to build bridges with peers and organizations beyond your own team.
- Ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations, action plans, and campaigns complemented by a “roll up your sleeves” attitude and grit.
- Ability to multitask with proven attention to detail.
- Right brain - left brain mix and balance of analytical & creative thinking.