WHY DO WE EXIST?
Doctors need to constantly learn and keep themselves updated about the latest practices in their field. Case-based learning (clinical cases) is considered to be the best way to go about doing that. The traditional methods for case discussions are medical conferences and medical journals, but the cost and time doctors need to spend on these, often make it difficult. Also, on average, a medical doctor takes 30 key decisions per day which range from what drug to prescribe, when to do a surgery, what device to use, to when to discharge a patient.
WHO ARE WE?
Founded in 2015 by a team of Doctors & Technologists( Dr. Deepu Sebin, Priyaank Choubey, and Nimmi Cherian), we help over 1,300,000+ doctors across the world collaborate and learn using our products - Dailyrounds.org (India’s largest doctor network - think Stack Overflow for doctors) and Marrow.com (India’s most popular online resource for Medical-PG preparation with more than 5 lakh users). We train more doctors than all the med schools in India combined, impacting healthcare directly.
The organization had raised multiple rounds of funding from investors such as Accel Partners, Kae Capital, Powerhouse Ventures and Beenext. It was also a part of the Microsoft Ventures Summer 2015 batch.
In April 2019 M3 India, the Indian subsidiary of Japanese Healthtech company M3 (one of the largest healthcare networks globally, listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange), picked up a majority stake in DailyRounds to foray into case-based problem-solving, community platform and medical test preparation business in India.
We are a diverse team of about 200 (Engineers, Doctors, and Business Professionals) who are passionate about solving a key problem for medical aspirants and practitioners.
WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING HERE
- Be responsible for the design, architecture, and end-to-end delivery of one or more systems/products while collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Raise the bar on sustainable engineering by improving best practices, producing best in a class of code, documentation, testing, and monitoring.
- Estimate effort, identify risks, help with prioritization, and devising/meeting project schedules.
- Hire top engineering talent; mentor/coach other engineers in the team to facilitate their development and to provide technical leadership to them.
- Rise above details as and when needed to spot broader issues/trends and implications for the product/team as a whole.
- Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional projects.
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
- Fully and completely understand system interdependencies and limitations.
THE BEST FIT CANDIDATE WOULD HAVE
- Comes with 8+ Years of Exp in System Development.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
- Proven skills in scalable system design and database design.
- Strong foundations of database design, schema design, query tuning and development.
- At-least one Relational Database like MySQL and one NoSQL database like MongoDB.
- Exposure to Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD), automated testing, and agile development methods.
- Experience with Microservices / Distributed event-based architectures desired.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS/Azure/GCP is a great plus
- Acted as the owner or have led open-source projects/community is a great plus.