Head of Design
WHY DO WE EXIST?
Doctors need to constantly learn and keep themselves updated about the latest practices in their field. Case-based learning (clinical cases) is considered to be the best way to go about doing that. The traditional methods for case discussions are medical conferences and medical journals, but the cost and time doctors need to spend on these, often make it difficult. Also, on average, a medical doctor takes 30 key decisions per day which range from what drug to prescribe, when to do a surgery, what device to use, to when to discharge a patient.
WHO ARE WE?
DailyRounds is a healthcare startup focused on organizing “Knowledge of practice of Medicine” and building a community of Doctors (and healthcare professionals). We hold the largest IP (intellectual property) in clinical medicine in India. We hope to put this IP, network, and our best efforts to help Doctors improve how they diagnose and treat. We are a diverse team of 300 people based in Bangalore.
We are product-driven. We believe businesses should scale and be profitable. We stay away from fads and focus on what makes business sense, what can scale, and what can make a positive impact (in that order).
In April 2019 M3 India, the Indian subsidiary of Japanese Healthtech company M3 (one of the largest healthcare networks globally, listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange), picked up a majority stake in DailyRounds to foray into case-based problem-solving, community platform and medical test preparation business in India.”
WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING HERE
- Develop first hand intuition about the platform, the users and the business.
- Be a strategic partner of the leadership team, working closely with Engineering, Product and Brand teams to define the design strategy and roadmap for delightful experiences.
- Have end-to-end ownership of the visual identity and UI strategy of our products.
- Develop a deep understanding of product metrics and translate them to design goals.
- Lead the overall design vision that enhances our product experience, for all doctors and students across India.
- Build and lead a talented and high-performing team of designers with a passion for developing others, you'll coach and encourage your team towards success and cohesion
THE BEST FIT CANDIDATE WOULD HAVE
- Mandatory Skills
- Have 8+ years of professional UX design experience. You would have developed your own unique design philosophy after such years of practice.
- A graduate/postgraduate degree in graphic design or interaction design or related design fields.
- Fluency with any preferred design tools like Photoshop and prototyping tools like Sketch, Figma, Invision, Zeplin, XD etc.
- Strong demonstrated use of design methodologies on live projects. Experience working with design systems, (atomic design principles).
- Experienced and well versed in conducting different methods of research and usability testing.
- Deep understanding of implementation challenges across mobile (iOS and Android), web and hybrid solutions.
- Experience in hiring and growing the team of designers.
- Great Add-Ons
- Cross-functional skills - Front End Design Technology