Medical Editor - MD Internal Medicine
WHY DO WE EXIST?
Doctors need to constantly learn and keep themselves updated about the latest practices in their field. Case-based learning (clinical cases) is considered to be the best way to go about doing that. The traditional methods for case discussions are medical conferences and medical journals, but the cost and time doctors need to spend on these, often make it difficult. Also, on average, a medical doctor takes 30 key decisions per day which range from what drug to prescribe, when to do a surgery, what device to use, to when to discharge a patient.
WHO ARE WE?
DailyRounds is a healthcare startup focused on organizing “Knowledge of practice of Medicine” and building a community of Doctors (and healthcare professionals). We hold the largest IP (intellectual property) in clinical medicine in India. We hope to put this IP, network, and our best efforts to help Doctors improve how they diagnose and treat. We are a diverse team of 300 people based in Bangalore.
We are product-driven. We believe businesses should scale and be profitable. We stay away from fads and focus on what makes business sense, what can scale, and what can make a positive impact (in that order).
In April 2019 M3 India, the Indian subsidiary of Japanese Healthtech company M3 (one of the largest healthcare networks globally, listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange), picked up a majority stake in DailyRounds to foray into case-based problem-solving, community platform and medical test preparation business in India.”
WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING HERE
- Use your academic knowledge and editorial skills to clearly and effectively communicate medical education content in writing.
- Responsible for authoring/review of a range of resources, which can include:
- *Academic medical content.
- *Online educational resources.
- *Other scientific/educational content as required.
- Ensure timely development of the assigned deliverables.
- Ensure that the content is accurate, well-organized and adheres to the technical specifications provided.
- Check that the content is free from plagiarism and copyright infringements.
- Deliver all the projects/tasks within the agreed timelines.
- Interact effectively with internal teams and external faculty to ensure quality and smooth progression of projects.
THE BEST FIT CANDIDATE WOULD HAVE
- Experience in MD Internal Medicine (must) with a strong academic understanding of topics in Medicine.
- Preference will be given to those from top-notch medical colleges and those with experience of teaching medical undergraduates during PG or post-PG.
- Excellent written and oral english language skills.
- Clear and concise scientific style of writing.