WHY DO WE EXIST?
Doctors need to constantly learn and keep themselves updated about the latest practices in their field. Case-based learning (clinical cases) is considered to be the best way to go about doing that. The traditional methods for case discussions are medical conferences and medical journals, but the cost and time doctors need to spend on these, often make it difficult. Also, on average, a medical doctor takes 30 key decisions per day which range from what drug to prescribe, when to do a surgery, what device to use, to when to discharge a patient.
WHO ARE WE?
Founded in 2015 by a team of Doctors & Technologists( Dr. Deepu Sebin, Priyaank Choubey, and Nimmi Cherian), we help over 5,00,000+ doctors across the world collaborate and learn using our products - Dailyrounds.org (India’s largest doctor network - think Stack Overflow for doctors) and Marrow.com (India’s most popular online resource for Medical-PG preparation with more than 5 lakh users). We train more doctors than all the med schools in India combined, impacting healthcare directly.
The organization had raised multiple rounds of funding from investors such as Accel Partners, Kae Capital, Powerhouse Ventures and Beenext. It was also a part of the Microsoft Ventures Summer 2015 batch.
In April 2019 M3 India, the Indian subsidiary of Japanese Healthtech company M3 (one of the largest healthcare networks globally, listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange), picked up a majority stake in DailyRounds to foray into case-based problem-solving, community platform and medical test preparation business in India.
We are a diverse team of about 200 (Engineers, Doctors, and Business Professionals) who are passionate about solving a key problem for medical aspirants and practitioners.
WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING HERE
- Use your scientific knowledge and editorial skills to clearly and effectively communicate medical science information in writing.
- Responsible for authoring/review of a range of resources, which can include: Academic medical content for print /Online educational resources /Other scientific/educational content as required
- Ensure timely development of the assigned deliverables.
- Ensure that the content is accurate, well-organized and adheres to the technical specifications provided.
- Check that the content is free from plagiarism and copyright infringements.
- Deliver all the projects/tasks within the agreed timelines.
- Interact effectively with internal teams to ensure quality and smooth progression of projects.
THE BEST FIT CANDIDATE WOULD HAVE
- Medical graduates with min 2-3 years of experience in medical/scientific writing.
- Prior experience in medical academic writing for medical textbook publication houses, journals, or online education companies.
- Excellent written and oral English language skills.
- Clear and concise scientific style of writing.